Over time we've collected thousands of business cards. Thousands. Recently we've noticed a trend that may impact how people make a connection with you or your business.
Teeny Tiny Fonts and Other Issues
While the name of the company is prominent, good luck being able to read the email address, phone number...etc.
Connection...that is the point of a business card. Right?
Some simple things to remember:
- Not Everybody has 20/20 Vision: When your potential client/customer must use a magnifying glass to see your contact information. Not good;
- Artwork: We get it because we too are into creating stunning designs. However just because it's cool looking let's not over-shadow the contact information;
- Clarity: I'm looking at a business card, right now, that has three (3) Twitter addresses. Three...really?
- Stock: We get it, you are trying to save money. However your business card is such an important touch point. Try to have them printed at a printer, on heavy card-stock and try to refrain from printing them in your office. Trust us, it's an investment;
- Does It Work: If you have a QR Code on your business card, make sure it works and points to something useful, descriptive and informative.
Hey, we're just trying to help.
Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications is a full service advertising agency based in the Des Moines Metro and the fuel that powers Insight on Business, The News Hour. Our Twitter Handle is @InsightADV and our Facebook Page is right here.
Thanks for reading!