I've just spent thirty minutes on two different non-profit websites attempting to connect with somebody...anybody. No, we're not selling anything we're wanting to offer some airtime on our business radio broadcast. For...free. However there is zero contact information...zero.
Let's see if we can help:
Websites, in this century, are not only billboards about your business or your non-profit business they are communication tools that help you interact among members, consumers, future members, future consumers. Increasingly people search on-line first before making an investment in nearly...anything. But, don't take my word for it. PriceWaterhouseCoopers finds that 80% of global consumers research products online before buying in stores, and that 73% of U.S. consumers do. And that study is three years old!
Don't hide your contact information. Some quick tips:
- Contact Us Page - Make sure you have one and that it gives the visitor some sense that you'll actually respond;
- Phone Number - Some folks still use one. List it and return the call;
- Info@Us - Avoid using "Info" or "Contact" as "names in the contact email. It takes seconds to put a real person's name there. People want to communicate with people not..."Info";
- Be Welcoming - You do want consumers to interact with you...right? Make your "Contact us Page" welcoming and open for dialogue.
- Photos - If you have an Executive Director, you know the person that is the paid face and voice of your non-profit, use his/her photo if possible and at the beginning of the bio have that link to the email address;
- Respond - I know, it's a pain to communicate with customers and if you ignore them long enough...they will ignore your business/non-profit. Why risk the alienation?;
- LinkedIn - You may have heard about it. If you have somebody that is the face and voice of your business or non-profit why not use this method as an additional way to connect with consumers?
Seven things that will help you better communicate with folks that want to know more about you...your company...your non-profit. Do you have others?
Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications is a full service advertising agency based in the Des Moines Metro and the fuel that powers Insight on Business, The News Hour. Our Twitter Handle is @InsightADV and our Facebook Page is right here.
Thanks for reading!