Many of you know that Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications is the "Fuel that Powers" Insight on Business the News Hour. Three years ago we hoped the broadcast would become a daily creditable source of business news. The program is pretty straight forward: Each day we cover the business news headlines of the nation, region and the Greater Des Moines Metro. We offer up a Wall Street Report and go behind the numbers and share why the markets did what they did. And, we present long-form business interviews with established business leaders to startups. Each weekday starting at 5:05PM on AM-940, FM-104.5 and in HD at 103.3 HD2 all housed at The Des Moines Radio Group.
Last week the Business News Hour was honored with three awards from the Iowa Broadcast News Association in the large market category:
- Second Place for Best Feature - "Puppy Mills in Iowa"
- Honorable Mention - Public Affairs - "Housing/Transportation in Des Moines"
- Second Place for Best Large Market Newscast in Iowa
It's one thing to be recognized by friends, family and the general public and we are grateful.
When our broadcast news peers also take note and then offer their congratulations...well, that's really special and all of us who take on this effort are grateful. Here are the people that help make the Business News Hour happen each afternoon:
- Producers - Tyler Hackenmiller - Dustin Halderson - Jerry Lee
- Voice Work - Jimmy Olson
- Program Director - Mark McDowell
- Des Moines Radio Group - Jeff Delvoux - Mary Sayre
- Laura Kinnard - Our Social Media/Networking Contributor
- Sheryl Tessier - Our "Friday Fun" Contributor - Hey, it's Friday
- Original Music - James Goodlett - Jam Good Productions
A special thank you to the regular sponsors of the Business News Hour that make all of this possible. They believed, early, there was a place for non-toxic talk radio in the Midwest. We are grateful for their vision.
Thank you all!