Busy day on the Business News Hour. It's not only Halloween but it's also the end of what we predicted was going to be a tough month for Wall Street and...yep, we were right. Today the headlines look like this:
- The S&P 500 had the worst month since 2011;
- Denny's stock surged today...so, what's going on? We'll share;
- L.L. Bean sees greater sales growth coming from...Canada;
- General Motors announced they will be cutting jobs...ouch;
- America, you've got a problem and it's getting bigger each month;
- Could tiny Windsor Heights, Iowa be the home of something dramatic?
- And, of course we've got the numbers from Wall Street.
Those stories and a conversation about trash with Tony Colosimo (click to listen or hit the player) of Sparta Waste. What he has to share about our current recycling will surprise you. Like...did you know that most of the items you carefully put in your current recycle bin ends up in the landfill anyway? Yeah...that and more. You've got to listen to this short piece.
Also today we'll chat with former Maryland governor Martin O'Malley (Click to listen or hit the player) as he was in Iowa stumping for a whole bunch of fresh face candidates for the Iowa Statehouse to Congress. Why do it and what have Democrats done for decades to their own demise? We'll talk about it.
Thanks for listening!