Once upon a time Friday was known as a slow news day. Like if you wanted to bury something that might not be flattering you could release it on Friday. Well, that's not the case any more. Welcome to the Business News Headlines for Friday the 23rd day of August and thanks for being here. On tap:
- President Trump calls Fed Chair Jerome Powell an "enemy";
- President Trump orders U.S. businesses to get out of China;
- A Major Chinese company says sanctions against them not too bad;
- The Great Recession is still fresh, what might the next bring?
- Knowing who might quit next might be valuable;
- Apple is said to launch several new products next month.
Those stories and more about this "Slow News Friday" are just a click away. Also, because it is Friday we've got Jeff Pitts the Managing Editor of Cityview with us and "Stuff to DO in the Des Moines Metro" this weekend into next week.
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday, hour-long business podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on Google Play, PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday at 2pm on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.