The markets struggled all day over concern about recent financial issues in Europe and in the end the Dow was up by only 14 points to 26,949, the Nasdaq off by a fraction to 8,112 and the S&P 500 fell fractionally to 2,991. In other business news on this Monday:
- A travel agency goes under and strands thousands of people;
- Where are American's on a national health care program;
- Apple to return to Austin for manufacturing at least one computer;
- More layoffs for General Motors workers;
- Music, the law and "Stairway to Heaven".
Also today Laura Kinnard joins us to talk it up about business events in the Greater Des Moines Metro this week.
And we're talking mental health with Peggy Huppert from NAMI-Iowa. If everything is being blamed on mental health issues why aren't we paying more attention to funding program that will...work? And, that's just the first question.
Thanks for listening!