It looked, for awhile, that technology stocks might save the Nasdaq...but in the end, that was not to be the case. It's the business news headlines for Tuesday the 19th of May...here's what we have coming up:
- Pier 1 will be closing all its stores...another retail hit;
- Mortgage relief changes from the government;
- Another tax cut could be on the way;
- A new crop of jobs are emerging related to COVID19;
- The next stimulus package...a political football;
- The Wall Street Report;
- Memorial Day...Summer may already be over for many;
Those stories plus if you pay attention to the news about COVID19, and who doesn't, you will hear various stories about everything from testing (or a lack of the same) to how it will just, like magic, disappear. Recently Yogesh Shah, M.D. the Medical Director for Broadlawns Medical Center of Des Moines, Iowa did a session with AARP-Iowa taking questions and answering concerns. We thought it would be great to invite him to The Business News Hour to separate fact from fiction. While we could not be more anxious for business to get "back to normal" quickly...as we examined the scientific reality of the pandemic...that seems less and less likely. He also shares details of a new test and Broadlawns is partnering with The United Way of Central Iowa to reach many in underserved sections of the community. Here is Dr. Shah.
Thanks for listening.