Welcome to the Friday Edition of the Business News Headlines...whew...what a week. You're just a click away from some of the biggest business news stories of the day all delivered in under ten minutes. And, remember, follow us on Twitter @IOB_NewsHour all day long. Here's what we've got for you:
- The Blue Chips sink again today and why;
- More small businesses are closing;
- Meanwhile, personal income is...up;
- Housing prices climb yet again;
- Oil prices stalled out today but up a bunch in February;
- Consumers and the Costco move to $16 an hour;
- Some payment system problems today;
- The Wall Street Report
- And, an island is for sale...and it's stunning.
Plus, it's Friday! And every Friday we get Hyper-Local and focus on Stuff to DO in the Greater Des Moines, Iowa Metro with Jeff Pitts who is the managing editor of Cityview Magazine. No matter where you are this bit of banter is a departure from the serious news we deliver each day. Today we're talking hockey, the Des Moines Art Center, the Des Moines Playhouse, the start of the Girls State Basketball Tournament. Iowa is turning 175 and the Historical Society has some neat things going on. We'll talk TV shows and trivia, Drake Basketball and a funny bit presented by the Des Moines Performing Arts...GO!
Thanks for listening!