The end of another business week and Wall Street had a day...but not enough to make it a positive week. Also, because it's Friday we've got Jeff Pitts in to go hyper-local on you and chat it up about Stuff to DO in the Greater Des Moines Metro. But first, the news:
- The CDC and masks;
- A union rips the CDC and fears for their workers;
- Disney stock continues to fall but not Netflix;
- In a surprise DoorDash does well;
- GM and more EV news;
- The oldest car company in the U.S. is...
- The Wall Street Report;
- The troubling retail sales numbers.
It's Friday the day we visit with Jeff Pitts the Managing Editor of Cityview Magazine and chat it up about "Stuff to DO" in the Greater Des Moines Metro. You'll even get to hear some of our technical difficulty. (Makes it real...right?) On tap today:
- Iowa Wild Hockey
- The Des Moines Renaissance Faire;
- Architecture Walk in DSM;
- Downtown Farmers Market;
- The Other Des Moines Renaissance event;
- (Lots of jousting it would seem.)
- Barnstormers travel to Sioux Falls;
- The Des Moines Menace are in action here;
- The Iowa Cubs are back on Tuesday;
- Trivia Night at Smash Park
- Max Wellman and the Big Band is back;
- Skateboarding is BIG with the Dew Tour.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.