Welcome back and we hope you had a meaningful Christmas Weekend. Us? We were here sharing some of the best long-form business interviews of the past several years and doing our Sunday Business Week in Review on News/Talk 1540 KXEL in Iowa. No rest for the wicked...huh? Here's what we have for you today:
- Strong retail data moved the markets;
- Thousands of flights cancelled and why;
- McDonald's rationing French Fries?
- Oh, and selling Quarter Pounders with cheese for $1.34?
- Some other fast food news from Taco Bell;
- What's with the engine fires in Kia and Hyundai vehicles?
- Some COVID news from the banking world;
- The Wall Street Report and some data you should know;
- Nope, we're not done with you and your vaccine and
- Apple shuts down all their stores...where? NYC
Several years ago we sat down with author and lecturer Gabor George Burt to chat it up about his book Slingshot and how businesses can get consumers emotionally attached to their product and service. While all of this deals with building solid relationships and sounds easy...there is a method. This piece aired this past Sunday on News/Talk 1540 KXEL in case you missed it. Step into our Way-Back Machine for this conversation:
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.