We are being told that the two hour video conference between President Biden and President Xi Jinping was a frank and honest discussion about Ukraine. The White House said after the call that Biden described the implications and consequences if China provides material support to Russia. Meanwhile Xi said that his country was not in favor of the war and had they known about it they would have tried to stop it. Two words, stay tuned. In other business news:
- The markets had a surprisingly good week;
- Not every U.S. business has left Russia;
- It's the battle of the dollar stores;
- This CEO made over 22 million dollars last year;
- But, that's not all his board got wealthy too;
- GM to buy up shares of an autonomous vehicle;
- The Wall Street Report;
- Workers, perhaps yours, do not feel...valued.
Thanks for listening to this the Friday Edition of the Business News Headlines. We're back on the air this Sunday at Noon Central and only on News/Talk 1540 KXEL with the Business News, Week in Review.
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.