We are not alone in fighting inflation, the Bank of Canada is in the same boat. Meanwhile here in the U.S. the June inflation rate hit 9.1 percent….a new record. It’s the business news headlines for Wednesday the 13th of July…thanks for being with us. And, a remember that you can hook up with us all day on Twitter @IOB_NewsHour and on Instagram. Here is what we've got for you today:
- The Bank of Canada shocks Bay Street;
- The Inflation Rate of 9.1% gets some attention;
- Did you hear about the fake CPI report?
- Kohls says it has a plan to bring back consumers;
- Starbucks closing 16 stores and why;
- You are still shopping Amazon Prime even though...
- Some key numbers about inflation you should know;
- The Wall Street Report;
- More layoffs announced but there is a but.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.