It wasn't that long ago that some retailers were saying they would offer steep discounts to lure shoppers. Now some are singing a different tune and are going to “pack and hold", the stock market slid again and the real reason we’re 4 million homes short in the U.S. Those stories and more on this edition of Insight on Business – Headline News for Tuesday the 30th of August…thanks for being here everybody. Also, remember that you can hook up with us all day on Twitter @IOB_NewsHour and on Instagram. Here's what we've got for you today:
- Pack & Hold or Sell It Off;
- Big Lots is getting back to lower prices;
- The markets tanked again and so too did oil;
- Why are we 4 million homes short in the U.S.?
- The lawyers for Elon Musk are busy...think Twitter;
- The U.S. is reshoring jobs at a crazy pace;
- Gas prices have now fallen for 70 days straight.
- Consumer confidence is up;
- The Wall Street Report;
- Flying? Airlines say they will struggle for months.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.