Welcome back to a fresh week. In the hour ahead: The markets tumbled, suppliers have halted shipments to Bed Bath and Beyond…and workers over at Twitter may get just half a bonus…it’s the business news headlines for Monday the 22nd of August, thanks for being with us. Also, remember that you can hook up with us all day on Twitter @IOB_NewsHour and on Instagram. Here's what we've got for you today:
- The Bears came out to play today and why;
- More bad news from Bed, Bath & Beyond;
- If you get Social Security a big bump is on the way;
- Meanwhile Twitter employees might see bonuses cut;
- Folks in China are cutting back but for a different reason;
- Should you lease a vehicle and then buy it? Some thoughts;
- Ford is slapped with a $1.7 Billion Dollar judgement and why;
- The Wall Street Report;
- Eating is getting confusing when it comes to price.
For the interview you'll hear from Ro Crosbie the President/CEO of Tero International as we discuss employee motivation. It's a great thing to start that process but, as Ro suggests, you also need to be mindful of how and what you are doing. It does have an impact on...business.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.