Here's some big news, in at least a dozen U.S. cities wages in June jumped up by 150 bucks a week and we'll share where. It’s the business news headlines for Wednesday the 3rd day of August…thanks, everybody, for being with us again today. Also, a remember that you can hook up with us all day on Twitter @IOB_NewsHour and on Instagram. Here's what we've got for you today:
- In one city wages are up by 40% a week;
- Wall Street got back to business today;
- Interest rate pressure on mortgage loans;
- The data says fewer people are going to Walmart;
- Meanwhile, Walmart announced job cuts;
- Equifax and bad credit reports;
- Tyson Foods thumbing their nose at a subpoena;
- The Wall Street Report;
- Nervous CEO's cutting swag to dinners to office space.
For the interview you'll meet entrepreneur Pat Russell who, along with his son Trey, have a ever growing agricultural parts business, Russell's Tractor Parts in Scottsboro, Alabama. It's a great story of change and partnership and to listen click our player:
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.