It's the Business News Headlines for Wednesday the 2nd day of August. Thanks for being with us again today. If you spend less than ten minutes with us you'll be up to speed on a host of the top stories of the day and today brought several surprises. Click ahead for the news and, if you're on Threads you can find us @Insight_On_Business. And you can hook up with us all day on Twitter or "X" @IOB_NewsHour and on Instagram. Here's what we've got for you today:
- Going, Going...Gone. Sorry Mr. Edison;
- The markets tanked today and why;
- Why are gas prices increasing? Several factors;
- We're talking about Mega-Millions;
- That credit downgrade and what that means;
- The Wall Street Report;
- Small businesses took the hiring lead last month;
- The rise in special education enrollments and a problem.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour...and on Threads @Insight_On_Business.