Welcome to September and the Business News Headlines for the first day of a new month. A programing note: We will air this Sunday at Noon Central and only on News/Talk 1540 KXEL (and yes we stream) however because the markets are closed on Monday we too will be out of here. Hope you get to enjoy the Labor Day Holiday Weekend and stay safe. To reach us on social media and if you're on Threads you can find us @Insight_On_Business. And you can hook up with us all day on Twitter or "X" @IOB_NewsHour and on Instagram. Here's what we've got for you today:
- There was a surprise in the jobs report;
- A highchair recall made the news today;
- Just how do you define "escort"? A trial in Phoenix;
- Bed, Bath & Beyond lives and the company is noisy;
- The UAW says "unfair labor practices";
- ESPN goes dark on Charter Communications;
- The Wall Street Report;
- The ugly truth about staffing in nursing homes.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour...and on Threads @Insight_On_Business.