Will it or won't it? We're talking about a U.S. government shutdown. That clearly was on the mind of Wall Street as the session today cratered only to recover following remarks from Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer who said the Senate would pass a bill to keep the government open. That story and more. Also, if you want to reach us on social media and if you're on Threads you can find us @Insight_On_Business. And you can hook up with us all day on Twitter or "X" @IOB_NewsHour and on Instagram. Here's what we've got for you today:
- Yet another deadline in the UAW strike;
- The Justice Department vs. eBay and why;
- A rifle company in Maine is going out of business;
- Yet another auto recall impacting millions of vehicles;
- Dollar stores and wealthy shoppers...a trend;
- Who is the 5th largest employer in Mexico? Oh my!
- The Wall Street Report;
- Latino buying power has surged by...a bunch.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour...and on Threads @Insight_On_Business.