You, the American Consumer, continue to surprise. The most recent retail sales data was released today and it shows that despite higher prices you are continuing to spend. We'll break all of that down first this evening. Meanwhile, if you want to reach us on social media and if you're on Threads you can find us @Insight_On_Business. And you can hook up with us all day on Twitter or "X" @IOB_NewsHour and on Instagram. Here's what we've got for you:
- What you are buying that's driving retail sales;
- The markets react to this and bond yields;
- United Airlines posts massive profit in Q3. But...
- Some hotel news to share with you;
- So, how "real" is that online review? Shocking news;
- Electric Vehicles and GM made the news;
- A "housing crisis" vs. "vacant homes". The story...
- The Wall Street Report;
- Work From Home numbers continue to slide and why.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour...and on Threads @Insight_On_Business.