Today we learned that the U.S. added 390,000 jobs. Wall Street was hoping for much less… It’s the business news headlines for Friday the 3rd day of June, thanks for being with us everybody. This has been quite a week and we've felt it here. Just last night two young people lost their lives in a church parking lot in Ames, Iowa and the shooter then took his own life in what is being described as a "domestic situation". Gun violence continues to rock us and the entire nation. Sorry for the sidetrack but it's been a week. In the business news headlines:
- 390,000 jobs added in May - Wall Street wanted fewer;
- Does that add up? Some thoughts;
- Meanwhile there has been a surge in layoffs;
- But fewer people are filing for unemployment;
- Headed toward a recession or...not?
- Acquiring Kohls is, well, complicated;
- The Wall Street Report;
- Restaurants may be biting the hand that feeds them.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.