We kick things off today with a big story about AI and what Europe is attempting to do to regulate the new technology but the EU is facing headwinds from Big Tech. Welcome to the Business News Headlines for Monday the 4th day of December, we're glad you're here. Also, if you want to reach us on social media and if you're on Threads you can find us @Insight_On_Business. And you can hook up with us all day on Twitter or "X" @IOB_NewsHour and on Instagram. Facebook? Sure were there too. Here's what we've got for you today:
- Europe, AI and Regulations kick us off;
- Spotify cuts more staff and why;
- Uber is said to be joining the S&P 500 this month;
- The Alaska Airlines purchase of Hawaii Air is raising eyebrows;
- What was a "hot idea" during the pandemic is cooling off;
- The Wall Street Report;
- And the 2023 Word of the Year has..."style".
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour...and on Threads @Insight_On_Business.