Welcome back to the business news headlines! Here is some news you didn't want to hear, the Threat of a railroad strike is back. Now it looks like there are thousands without jobs following hurricane Ian and the markets ended the day…mixed in a wild session. It’s the business news headlines for Tuesday the 11th day of October, thanks for being with us. Also, remember that you can hook up with us all day on Twitter @IOB_NewsHour and on Instagram. Here's what we've got for you today:
- A railroad strike is back on the calendar;
- Thousands without jobs in Florida;
- A mixed session on Wall Street;
- Oil down today;
- The Fed and 3 things that would make them pivot;
- A new rule could do away with gig workers;
- Remember when chips were scarce?
- Amazon Prime Day gets a "meh" from consumers;
- The Wall Street Report;
- Saying goodbye to a broadcasting legend.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.