When it comes to the business news it's always something and the "something" today was the Fed. Welcome to the business news headlines for Tuesday the 14th of December and stick around for our Small Business Spotlight featuring Schmidt Machine of Upper Sandusky, Ohio. But first:
- Two things about the markets today;
- OPEC says oil consumption will increase;
- The International Energy Agency says the opposite;
- Jobs, Money and Divorce...it seems there is a link;
- Even 6-Figure earners are having trouble finding a home;
- $35 billion going all in on battery cars says the largest automaker;
- A deeper dive into the Fed Meeting;
- The Wall Street Report;
- "West Side Story" ain't producing...some thoughts.
Those stories plus in our Small Business Spotlight you'll meet Kevin Schmidt whose grandfather, back in 1928, started Schmidt Machine based in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. For a family owned company to have been around that long is a testament to hard work and quality products. Schmidt Machine specializes in creating aftermarket ag parts and does business world-wide. Meet Kevin...who also does a bit of "standup comedy" when he's not running the business and, yes, he offers up a sample.
Thanks for listening!
The award winning Insight on Business the News Hour with Michael Libbie is the only weekday business news podcast in the Midwest. The national, regional and some local business news along with long-form business interviews can be heard Monday - Friday. You can subscribe on PlayerFM, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio. And you can catch The Business News Hour Week in Review each Sunday Noon on News/Talk 1540 KXEL. The Business News Hour is a production of Insight Advertising, Marketing & Communications. You can follow us on Twitter @IoB_NewsHour.