Banking on Social Media
October 12, 2009
Today I had the opportunity to do a seminar for the Iowa State Savings Bank headquartered in Creston, Iowa. What a great time! Because it's Columbus Day the bank employees are off...but they were really "on" as the bank uses days such as this for in-service training and meetings. The bank is examining the use of social media to reach out to existing and future customers...and what a great idea.
They brought me in to help explain to them the good news and the things they will have to consider before launch.
We also talked about what the banking industry, as a whole, might consider when it comes to enhancing the conversation... For example how about a BLOG that would:
- Share the rich history of their bank and banking in Iowa;
- Boost their community involvement image;
- Talk about business partners and their success;
- Inform everyone about what's great in Creston, Corning or Lenox;
- Tell others about the ISSB Travel Club and their trips....
It's all about building voice and relationships. After all, is't that what banking is all about?
Thank you to Karla Hynes from the Iowa State Savings Bank for the invite! Now, let's do a program for your commercial customers? Oh, welcome Karla to Twitter?
We'll be back with our radio show tomorrow afternoon.
Michael P. Libbie - Follow us on Twitter @MichaelLibbie or @InsightADV