Our thoughts on consumers, business, social media, advertising and more. If you want to leave a comment here, feel free or let's connect on Twitter @InsightADV or our advertising agency Facebook Page is right...here.
Last week there was some general hub-bub about a report that said many folks who use social media don't move to the "buy mode" and that business leaders are still "having trouble identifying the ROI of social media".
So what? (head bang)
While the final measurement of any marketing or advertising program might be sales I'd ask you these questions:
- What are the number of sales you can track to your...sign?
- How many sales did you make from your most recent print ad?
- That radio commercial produced how many buyers?
- What is the ROI of your telephone?
- What is the cost of not connecting with consumers?
I'd suspect most folks...don't know. And, if you don't know it's easy to dismiss the work that goes into figuring out the answer.
The final question is the biggest. When you have a tool that can not only tell your story but also LISTEN to the needs, wants, desires of the consumer public...why wouldn't you want to connect? Just asking...
Thanks for coming by!