They will shock you if you are not connected and in the loop on marketing using social media/new media. I was reading a piece by Shea Bennett about the 2011 growth of various social/new media usage. Some amazing stats:
- 800+ million users on Facebook at the end of 2011;
- 200 million users of Facebook added in 2011;
- 350 million log into Facebook with their phones (this is HUGE!);
- 225 million Twitter accounts;
- 100 million active Twitter accounts in 2011;
- 250 million Tweets per day (October 2011);
- 550 million Websites as of December 2011;
- 300 million Websites were ADDED in 2011;
- 1 trillion Video playbacks on YouTube;
- 40 years since the first email was sent in 1971
Two big take-a-ways from this:
Is your website mobile ready?- If you don't think that is important look again at the number of folks using phones to check Facebook.
Can you be found?- Finding your product/service website is critical for success for any size business. Can people find you when they look? If you're not employing some sound SEO and social/new media angles...we doubt it.
If you would like to read the entire article, here is that link.
If you want to connect with a comment here, feel free. Or let's get together on Twitter: @InsightADV (business) or @MichaelLibbie (personal/business). And our advertising agency Facebook Page is right here. Thanks for coming by! - Michael Libbie