Each Friday morning we post The Friday Wrap. It's a piece that looks at the news regarding advertising/marketing/branding and includes our commentary. Here is the link to The Friday Wrap and if you want to leave a comment you can do that or join us on our Twitter Stream @InsightADV or our agency for advertising/communications Facebook Page is right here. Several topics this week:
- Logos - Round One: Did you know you could spend as little as $69 for up to five sample "custom" logos? You can but...do you really want to?
- Logos - Round Two: Our friends at ebay have just announced a re-do of their iconic logo. Not much of a change but the design says much about what they were 17 years ago and where they want to be...tomorrow.
- Pink Slime: Beef Products, Inc. of Iowa has just launched a $1.2 billion dollar suit against ABC News among others. This will be interesting to watch for all of us in the news/commentary business.
- Target Marketing: Let's say you want to target a specific group of consumers. Here we show you the front, and the back-story, of how Hardee's and Carl Jr's hope to increase sales among young men.
- A Class Act - Toyota of Des Moines brands themselves with a class act. Nobody paid us to share this story. We just think it's cool.
- Re-Launch Party: This week the Social Media Club of Des Moines held a re-launch party. We had some questions about where we go next. Here's the update in the comments section of this post, "We're In - Now What?".
Thanks for coming by. If you want to read/see these stories from Insight on Business here, once again, is the direct link. Thanks for coming by and have a wonderful weekend! - Michael Libbie